Mississauga (October 1, 2020) – In honour of International Day of Older Persons, the Sheridan Centre for Elder Research hosted, in partnership with Peel Senior Link and Indus Community Services, an online panel discussion focussing on issues currently impacting service provision in support of older adults in our communities.
Community Support Services are experiencing major changes and opportunities in several areas. These include the transformation of funding and service models, shortages in Personal Support Staff, the development of Ontario Health Teams, changes to governance structures, virtual service models to address social isolation & loneliness, PPE supply chain management, and the acknowledgment of long-term systemic discrimination that is only now being exposed.
- Raymond Applebaum, CEO Peel Senior Link
- Patrick Boily, Director of Policy OCSA
- Catherine Brown, President Shared Services Ontario Health
- Cathy Fooks, Patient Ombudsman Ontario
- Karen Parsons, ED Peel Addiction Assessment and Referral Centre
- Gurpreet Malhotra, CEO Indus Community Services
You can find a recording of this event here (password Ny3XUwvb).