Make a positive, lasting impact in the lives of others.
Through our volunteer-supported seniors’ active living programs, our participants are able to engage in social and recreational activities that help elevate their sense of community belonging, health, and wellbeing. Whether you volunteer to gain valuable experience interacting with clients, to spend time supporting a good cause, or simply to brighten someone’s day, your involvement will lead to improved overall outcomes for our participants, and your gift of time will have a positive, lasting impact on the lives of others.
Volunteers support tasks that help program and service information reach our participants. This could include calling participants with information updates, helping participants to complete surveys, translation services, hosting webinars and online activities, and mail out assistance.
Seniors’ Active Living Program
Volunteers support the Seniors’ Active Living Program on site by helping with administrative tasks to prepare for activities such as helping participants to sign up. Volunteers will also assist program participants during activities and will help with room set-up/take down.
Volunteers help with activities related to specific events such as holiday celebrations and fundraising events.
Tech Tutors Program
Specially trained volunteers meet participants by appointment for one-on-one coaching and mentoring in the use of technology devices (iPads, laptops, cell phones).
Benefits of Volunteering with Peel Senior Link
We want volunteering with Peel Senior Link to be a positive experience for you. Some of the benefits you can expect from volunteering with us will include:
- Gaining valuable experience interacting with seniors/older adults
- Professional networking opportunities
- Gaining knowledge, new skills, and valuable experience in a professional setting
- Having the knowledge that you are helping people in your local community
- Letters of reference (after completing the minimum commitment and/or upon supervisor approval)
- Formal recognition during National Volunteer Week
- Getting to know some amazing people!
Volunteers at Peel Senior Link must meet certain requirements before being considered for a position. Before applying to become a volunteer, please read and understand the requirements listed below:
- Some roles have minimum age requirements. (Please review the role description.)
- All volunteers will be required to submit a completed Vulnerable Sector Check.
- All volunteers will be required to provide two (2) references from someone who knows you in a professional capacity (teacher, co-worker, supervisor, religious leader, etc…)
- All volunteers will be required to attend a General Orientation training session. Some roles will have additional training requirements.
- Volunteers are required to commit to a minimum of 9 months of volunteer service.
- Submitting an application to volunteer does not guarantee a position. Volunteer applicants are carefully reviewed and selection is based on fit, needs, experience, and availability.
- Volunteers at Peel Senior Link are accepted to the program to enrich the lives of the participants in our Senior Active Living program through social and recreational activities. Volunteer positions are subject to limitations and boundaries, and do not involve tasks that are normally provided to our clients through their formal circle of care (eg. therapy, counselling, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, etc…). Our volunteer program is not able to offer you opportunities to utilize any formal medical or therapeutic training you may have.
For questions relating to the volunteer program at Peel Senior Link, please call 905-712-4413 x333 or email [email protected]
Corporate volunteering is a great way to elevate your profile as a good corporate citizen. Research shows that when companies integrate volunteerism with their corporate giving program employees feel more satisfied at work and they are more engaged, ultimately boosting employee retention rates. In fact, The Deloitte Global Millennial Survey 2020 showed employees, potential hires, and younger workers gravitate towards companies that take action to make a positive impact on their local communities.
To discover ways to integrate volunteering with Peel Senior Link into your corporate social responsibility plan, please call Joelle, our Community Development Coordinator, today at 905-712-4413 x333 or email [email protected]
Some other ways your company can get involved:
- Make a donation
- Sponsor an activity or event
- Donate goods or services in-kind
- Create a third-party fundraising event
Peel Senior Link can also be found on Canada Helps and Benevity.